Stopping by quickly just to say that today marks my 28th birthday.
Lots of women seem to want to cover up their real age like a crime scene. But y’know what? I’m actually proud to be another year older. And I don’t mind telling people my age. It’s nothing more than a number.
Let’s all start taking more pride in who we are, how far we’ve come along, and what we’ve accomplished.
Being older means we’ve experienced more of what life has to offer – the good, the bad, and the ugly stereotypes.
We’re all guilty at some point for putting ourselves down. On your birthday, dare to celebrate yourself, and do something special:
- Take the day off from work to hang out with friends & family
- Start writing a novel
- Challenge your physical limits with rock climbing
- Exercise your creative side with oil painting
- Join a drawing or karate class
- Blast your favourite song & dance naked to it in private
- Master a new video game
- Learn how to cook something new
- Start reading that book you’ve always been meaning to
- Reconnect with old buddies
- Take a walk in the park & enjoy the fresh air (even if it’s chilly)
- Make yourself some tea & pour it out of a teapot with 3 spouts (hehe)
And then the day after your birthday, follow up with the next item on your To-Do List. Soon you’ll see that unbirthdays are just as important as your birthday. Constantly strive to grow as a person, and make it a point whenever you can to do something positive for yourself (and others).